Wednesday, 20 February 2013








This is a zine I picked up from a shop in Sheffield City Centre and is very interesting. It is made of paper, and appears very plain inside; there is no colour at all, besides the black ink of the illustrations. I think zines are a really nice way of showcasing collections of work, like a series of illustrations about a similar topic; it helps to conclude a time in your design, and creates an item you can be proud of. The cover of this zine is a black and white image printed on card, the interesting thing about the cover, is that it has been screen printed on top of. I think the idea of screen printing colour on the front cover is a really good concept, and it adds a layer of texture and depth to the work, but still keeping the ease of production that you get with a normal zine. This could be something I could use during my project. This zine is bound with staples, holding all the pages together tightly. For my project I am required to hand bind my zine, so I need to investigate ways of hand binding books.

No comments:

Post a Comment