Monday, 18 February 2013









These examples of fanzines show that they are usually printed on a plain paper or card, which is sometimes coloured. They tend to have big blocks of one or two colours and are very visually striking, with big blocks of text, and large images. A lot of them feature hand drawn, illustrated designs and tend to feature hand drawn text as well. They have a very DIY feel and you are aware of the effort and consideration that has gone into designing them. The idea is that they can be mass produced by an individual in their bedroom with basic facilities, with the intention of being distributed to the masses with relative ease. They usually are made in a number of editions, which adds to their desirability, meaning that some zines are worth big money! For this project I am required to make an edition of 5, meaning that I need to consider the ease at which I can make them identical and consistent, whilst making them quickly and simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment