Sunday, 27 January 2013

I found Johnny Kelly's lecture the least gripping of the day, but it wasn't because his work was bad and that it didn't interest me, it was more because there was a lot of things in his presentation that I didn't feel were particularly relevant and he didn't go into detail enough about what they were (he showed a clip of a lorry jammed full of naked men, women and children, being locked in by men in business suits before the rigged a hose to pump the cab full of exhaust fumes and then drove off.......what was this?!) His own work however was very visually stimulating, seen in a few of the still I took below, I loved how his animations were mixed media and how they all told a story that was easy to follow, but also quite complex at the same time. I just personally felt that we watched quite a lot of film within his work, and that there wasn't a great deal of insight that I learnt from it, however, this is only my opinion, others may have loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment