Wednesday, 20 February 2013
I found this technique of bookbinding and thought I would give it a go, as it seemed to result in a really professional finish. As you can see the outcomes look very good, and are very nice to work with, however I don't think I will bind my zine in this fashion for one main reason. These books are constructed of around 6-8 sets of pages, this means that you don't get an uneven open edge of the book when you are binding many pages. I then stitched all these sections together, before binding the book in black card, the outcome is really nice, but I think that because my zine is going to be relatively low in page numbers this isn't the way to bind it. A more tradition fold and stitch method would probably be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment