The next piece of research I am doing is to look at awarding winning design companies logos, and seeing how they are currently branding themselves. It seems to me that from looking at about 50 logos of existing design companies that they all seem to have a fairly simple logo, that is usually text based rather than relying upon a symbol or shape. They use colour well, and the typeface is very important, but they don't seem to be too scared of having a long or solely text based name. I think this is interesting as a logo is a place that you could express your design expertise to clients. However I do think that having a logo that is more text based, does give off a more professional vibe, and probably results in people taking you more seriously. There is room on your website for designs, and you don't really need to throw it in people's faces with your logo I suppose.

No comments:
Post a Comment