Thursday, 24 January 2013

IT Session

In this IT workshop we were shown the basics of Illustrator and were given tutorials on how to use the pen tool to create paths and shapes. We were then given a set of instructions to follow to create the shapes needed to make a cardboard, slot-together bottle shape, and after creating the shapes had to lay it out in an easy to print manner, before saving the file as a .DXF. I am looking forward to the Laser Cutting induction workshop, so that I can learn how to accurately cut out shapes and can improve my work through applying myself further. I didn't find this session too helpful however, as I already knew my way around Illustrator, and felt that a lot of this session was sort of like recapping a tool I already know how to use very well, but things I did learn were beneficial and vital to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment